Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Of strawberries and slacking

It's the simple things, right? Like the joy of heading to the farmer's market one Saturday morning, and finding the first strawberries of the season. I bought a basket right off, and started nibbling on them right away. Around the corner, I ran into a couple friends, who reminded me that strawberries go great with the lemon quark from Spring Hill Farms.

So here's today's breakfast. Eaten, as I frequently do, on the front porch. I live in an apartment with no deck or yard, so the only outside space that's mine is the front porch. It's nice to watch the neighbors walk by, and read a book in the fresh air. Today, I watched the rain.

2009-04-07 12:40:16 -0700

Slices of Acme sour batard, topped with lemon quark and sliced strawberries. A cup of tea hibiscus and peppermint tea. An interesting combination, but probably not one I'll be repeating hot. It'd make a great iced tea for hotter places, though.

Also, I seem to have lost my camera somewhere in my house (odd, since I live in a tiny studio, but less odd given the state of my housekeeping) so iPhone photos will be the rule of the day for awhile. I've actually avoided posting for a few weeks, because I couldn't find my camera, but after some prodding to update, I've decided not to care.

No comments: